With just days away until The Big Game is finally here, you need to start getting your party plans ready for hosting your guests in the next few days. Not only does your place have to be clean for your adrenaline-fueled guests, you need to make sure food is prepared for hours of football excitement! Check out some of our top recipes you’ll want to consider having at your party as well as some tips on creating a welcome atmosphere in your home before The Big Game starts!
1) Kickoff Spinach Dip:
As your guests arrive and all the excitement of the game is ramping up, you’ll want to have a reliable appetizer on standby that is ready to go for all your famished guests. Everyone loves chips and dip combination and we thought we’d introduce a tasty yet healthy option to serve up at this year’s game. With about 15 minutes of actual prep time accompanied with 6 hours of chill time in your fridge, this delicious “Kickoff Spinach Dip” is the perfect dish to get your party started! See ingredient checklist and cooking instructions below.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1.8 ounce) package dry leek soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- ½ (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round sourdough bread
- Step 1: In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry leek soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped spinach. Chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Step 2: Remove the top and interior of sourdough bread. Fill with mayonnaise mixture. Tear the bread chunks into pieces for dipping.
2) Halftime Buffalo Chicken Wings:
Did you know 1.42 Billion chicken wings were projected to be eaten during last year’s game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers? With that being said, it proves that having wings in your game day huddle is always a winning strategy and we have the perfect recipe for you to serve up! With about an hour and a half of prep and cooking time, check out how to make the perfect “Halftime Buffalo Chicken Wings” below.
- 4 pounds chicken wings, halved at joints
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced to paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup of water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- Step 1: Combine sesame oil, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl and microwave 40 to 60 seconds.
- Step 2: Whisk in ¼ cup of water, sugar, gochujang, and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Step 3: Heat oven to 250 degrees and line oven rack with foil baking-sheet.
- Step 4: Transfer wings to a mixing bowl with baking powder and salt, toss to ensure your wings are evenly coated.
- Step 5: Place wings skin side up in a single layer on an oven wire rack. Bake wings on lower-middle oven rack for 30 minutes. Move wings to upper-middle rack, increase oven temperature to 425 degrees, and roast until wings are golden brown and crispy, 40 to 50 minutes longer, rotating sheet halfway through baking.
- Step 6: Remove the sheet from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer wings to a bowl with wing sauce, toss to coat, and serve with celery or carrot sticks and the creamy dip of your choice.
3) Touchdown Honey Mustard Turkey Burgers:
You can’t have a football party and NOT have food come off the grill. That’s why we saved this recipe for last and we are confident this dish will leave your guests satisfied and with a smile on their faces! We recommend serving up “Touchdown Honey Mustard Burgers” that have the perfect combination of sweet and smoky flavors packed into each bite. With about 20 minutes of prep time before you throw them on the grill, this is the perfect hail mary to score big flavor for your guests! See below for ingredient list and cooking instructions.
- 1 & ¼ pound of ground turkey
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 8 hamburger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Step 1: Season the turkey mince with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands.
- Step 2: Shape into 4 burgers. In a small bowl, mix the honey, mustard and lemon juice and season to taste.
- Step 3: Heat the oil in a wide pan and cook the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Step 4: Serve the buns with the relish and the lettuce, tomato and onion to garnish.