Spring cleaning can be a great opportunity to refresh your home and get rid of clutter, but there are also some commonly overlooked areas and tasks that can make a big difference.
- Dust high and low: It's easy to forget to dust the tops of cabinets, doorways, ceiling fans, and other high surfaces, as well as the bottoms of furniture and baseboards.
- Wash or replace curtains and blinds: Curtains and blinds can collect dust, pet hair, and other debris over time. Take them down and wash them if possible, or replace them if they're looking worn or outdated.
- Deep clean carpets and rugs: Vacuuming regularly is important, but carpets and rugs can also benefit from a deep cleaning every once in a while. Consider renting a carpet cleaner or hiring a professional service.
- Clean and organize the fridge and pantry: Take everything out of your fridge and pantry and wipe down the shelves and walls. Check expiration dates and throw out anything that's expired or no longer needed. Consider organizing items by category or putting them in clear bins for easy access. Cleaning your fridge regularly will keep your food fresher for longer and can even save you money.
- Change air filters: Your HVAC system has air filters that trap dust, pollen, and other particles in the air. Over time, these filters can become clogged and need to be replaced. Check your filters and replace them as needed, ideally every 3 months.
- Declutter digital devices: In addition to cleaning physical spaces, don't forget to clean up your digital devices. Delete old files and apps, organize your desktop and folders, and clear out your email inbox.
Here's a Spring Cleaning Checklist (including ones that people often forget about).
- Declutter & organize by room - this includes closets, cupboards, pantries, storage areas, etc. What will be saved & put back, donated, held for a garage/yard sale or thrown out (clothes, coats, toys, books, sports equipment, pet toys, even non-perishable food).
- Dust all the usual surfaces and don't forget walls, blinds, doors and door frames, fronts of cabinets & drawers, light fixtures, baseboards, lamp shades & ceiling fans
- Remove lint from dryer
- Change your air filters
- Vacuum everything including under and behind furniture and appliances, in closets, pantries, cabinets & storage spaces
- Wash mirrors, windows & window treatments
- Clean all countertops, backsplashes, sinks, handles & fixtures
- Clean bedding & rotate mattresses
- Clean shower, tub, & shower heads
- Wash shower curtains & liners
- Deep clean appliances - washing machine, dishwasher, refrigerator, stove
- Clean floors, carpets, baseboards, doors and door frames, walls
- Polish furniture and appliances
- Clean up digital devices while you are sitting back relaxing
By tackling these often-overlooked areas, your home will feel fresher and cleaner for the season ahead!
It's important to choose products that are effective, safe, and environmentally friendly. You can look for products that are labeled as "green," "natural," or "eco-friendly" to minimize your exposure to harsh chemicals and reduce your impact on the environment.
Azuna offers a range of natural tea-tree oil based products that can be very useful for your spring cleaning. Tea tree oil is known for its natural antimicrobial properties, which can help kill bacteria and other microorganisms. Azuna's tea tree oil based products help to neutralize bacteria, mold, mildew, and other microbes to create a fresh, clean, and healthy indoor environment. Check out our Multipurpose Tea Tree Oil Cleaning Wipes and our 2-in-1 Odor Eliminator & Surface Cleaning Spray. Plus Odor Eliminator & Air Purifiers are particularly helpful as they don't just mask odors with overwhelming scent, but instead work to eliminate them at their source.